How to Load an Opt (Option) File into an iDirect X7 Satellite Internet Modem
These instructions were provided by LBiSat and tell you how to load a new iDirect X7 Satellite Modem/Router with the configuation files that are required to connect to the satellite and service provider’s network for access.
This information can also be used to load a new option file into your modem in case the configuration has changed and/or in case you happened to miss an over-the-air update.
We are not responsible for any consequences relating to using the following information and you do so at your own risk.
If you do not feel comfortable performing the steps below, we recommend you send the modem in to us or your dealer or service provider to have them load these files for you.
First, make sure you have saved or save your files to your pc or on a device where you can access them even offline.
- Plug your LAN cable into the computer and into port 1 on the X7 and power up the X7.
- Make sure the computers LAN connection is set to obtain automatically.
a. Click on start.
b. Control Panel.
c. Network and Sharing Center (or Network and Internet, and then Network and Sharing Center).
d. Change Adapter Settings.
e. Right click on Local Area Network.
f. Select “Properties”.
g. Choose “internet protocol version IPv4” then click “properties”.
h. Make sure the dot is on “Obtain IP address Automatically”
i. Click Ok to save.
- Open a browser and log into modem at 192.168.0.1. NOTE: You may get a security warning screen, down at the bottom click on “advanced” and then “continue to 192.168.0.1” and it will take you to the login page.
a. Username = admin (or ask your service provider)
b. Password = iDirect (or ask your service provider)
- Click on the “Admin” icon at the top of the screen.
- Locate the section for “load package”. Click on “choose file” select the appropriate X7 Remote (RMT) package and hit “load”. NOTE: X7’s do NOT need a BSP file, only the RMT package.
- After the RMT package has completed, locate section for “Load Option File”, click on “choose file” and select the appropriate option file (.opt) for the modem and click “load”.
- Once the option file has completed scroll down to the bottom and select “restart”.
- Modem will restart and you have successfully loaded the X7.