AVAILABILITY NOTICE!: Please allow 2 – 3 weeks for delivery! If you need them sooner, please contact us to check local stock availability prior to ordering!
The DAPT2 Signal Meter (DiSEqC Antenna Pointing Tool) for HughesNet simply displays the signals for pointing a HughesNet antenna out at the dish itself and submits an Audio tone that assists you with finding the HughesNet Satellite Signal.
The DAPT2 plugs into the cable run at the antenna location and displays the current signal levels and the maximum signal levels that the system has seen during each pointing process.
A button on the DAPT2 allows you to advance through the installation menu and save changes to the modem in order to bring the system online.
The DAPT2 Signal Meter is handy if you do not want to take a laptop or something onto the roof with you or a cell phone out in the rain or snow with you when pointing a HughesNet satellite dish.
It is also much easier to be able to use both hands while pointing the satellite dish, so using a DAPT2 meter also frees your hands to do that.
In the beginning of the Gen5 platform, a DAPT2 Meter was required to be able to point and re-point our antennas, but a software update from Hughes to the HT2000 and HT2000W modems eliminated the need to use the DAPT2 Meter to get the modem into installation mode, so now most of our customers on the ISPSAT Gen5 platform simply use a cell phone or tablet to point the dish and to display the signal strength from the modem installation process screen!
Our 2 cents: I wouldn’t even call it a “Signal Meter” as it’s more of just a display tool than anything. It simply displays what the modem is already seeing and displaying for a signal strengths. The only benefits are that Installers need this tool to perform installations on the Consumer Platform, and it does allow you to see the signal outside at the antenna location.
It is very important to know that while we allow the use of the DAPT2 meter on our platform, doing so on a system on the Consumer Platform could render it useless as a Certified Installer with a HughesNet Work Order is required in order to get your system OUT of the installation mode that is required in order to use the DAPT2 meter.
- Backward Compatible: The DAPT2 Meter is backward compatible also, and works with older Ku-Band systems like the original OPI Meter, and DAPT worked, when used with the optional 22khz filter that is sadly no longer being produced!
- Audio Capabilities: The DAPT2 added Audio capabilities to assist in the pointing process.
- How to Connect and Use the DAPT2 Signal Meter with the HughesNet HN or DW Series Systems such as the very popular HN7000s Satellite Modems/Routers
- HughesNet OPI, DAPT 1, DAPT 2, DAPT 3 Overview & Comparisons
- Troubleshooting a HughesNet DAPT Meter
HughesNet Part #: 1501471-0012