This kit is a combination of products designed to provide Internet access from your home to a garage, shop, guest house, or another area via the use of two outdoor access points in bridge-mode to extend WiFi into another area. This kit uses 5g technology. We put this kit together after the overwhelming amount of requests from people wishing to provide Internet Access from one building to another. Although these can have up to a 5-mile range with a clear line-of-site. In reality, you can expect them to work well up to 100 – 200 yards under most conditions. A partial line of site from one access point to another is required for use.
How does it work?
You would typically mount one unit outside of the building where the primary Internet Access is, and also mount one on the building where you want to add or extend WiFi access or network connectivity to.
As Outdoor Access Points:
You would typically place these units outside of the building that houses your primary Internet Access in order to have WiFi coverage outside of that building in one or two different areas (deck, dock, or another area).
- 1 – 2-pack of the Ubiquiti 5G Outdoor Wireless Access Points w/ Power Supplies
- 1 – 2-pack of 1 5/8″ OD x 22″ J-mount brackets to mount the Access Points to. (longer options available)
- 8 – 3/8″ x 2″ Lag bolts to attach the J-mounts to the buildings with.
- 2 – 50′ long Outdoor or Underground Cat6 Network Cables with connectors installed (other options available)
- 1 – Tube of silicone to seal the holes for the J-mount and for you to use if you have to drill holes to get the network cable into and out of the buildingsContact us if you need to change up your mount type, cable lengths, etc. and we will offer you a custom quote!
Links & Downloads
Quick Start Guide: https://lonepinetechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/ubiquiti_nanostation_m_quick_start_guide.pdf
Unofficial Configuration Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZxJPBukjbY